11 January 2009

Pizza night

Our dinner table
One of my favourite times of the day has to be dinner time. Olga makes such an effort these days, and we have candlelit dinners most nights. Difficult to describe how lucky I am to have someone make such an effort every single day so that the family sits around a table lit by candles, covered with good food, and surrounded by love and happiness.


Annie and eating

Tonight Olga made her world-famous (Ok, not really world-famous, but it might as well be) Salmon, Artichokes and capers. Really really good. It's probably one of my favourite foods that Olga makes.

Astonishingly, Annie doesn't seem to be fussy with any kind of food at all. In fact, today she had some olives on crackers with some onion-dip and said it tasted delicious. As long as either Olga has or I have it, she'll quite willing to try it and give it a shot. She's growing up so nicely - and actually even went to bed without a fuss today.

Work, weekends and holidays
So tomorrow, works starts (for real this time!) - Last week was a bit of a joke with everyone coming to work and no one actually doing any serious work. So lots of fart assing around last week, and so this week will be a filled with admin as most people arrive and start sifting through all of the stuff that they really should've done before they went on leave. Pretty hilarious to watch usually...

Well, other than that, I had a great weekend, and I'm slowly getting used to not being at home and actually having to go to work. I must be really honest, the last holiday that I had with the family lasted only two weeks, but was probably the best time I've ever had with my family. Probably because it wasn't fraught with all sorts of drama and the only thing I had to 'worry' about was what kind of fun we would be having today.

And so, tonight, I prepare myself mentally for the year that lies ahead. A year that will undoubtedly be filled with all sorts of antics at work, some irritation, some hard work, and hopefully a heavy dosage of fun and great people to make it all worthwhile...

I sign off before the first real Sunday blues hits :)


6 comments:

  1. Really loving your blog my sweets. I also love our dinner times together. I actually watched a family on TV today who manages to eat all together once a week and I thought that they must have their priorities wrong. It just seems that the dinner, or breakfast, or lunch, or tappas table is where we are building our family :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very traditional isn't it? People around campfire with food and good stories...

    ReplyDelete
  3. cool signature! haha - arse farting? Is that an australian saying? Your guys life seems so peaceful and i've seen you guys having dinner at the table while we chat sometimes. It's very sweet :) Especially with Annie's antics hehe. Btw when are we going to chat again?

    ReplyDelete
  4. not arse farting!!! FART ARSING!
    It's an adaptation of what you would undoubtedly have used during your time in the uk :"arsing about"

    ReplyDelete