03 February 2009

Simple truths

Simple truths

I look into my daughter's eyes
And see my own hazel eyes looking back at me

I look at my daughter's coy smile
And fall in love with my wife all over again

I listen to my daughter's adorable laughter
And thank my parents for the childhood they gave me

I put my hand on my wife's round belly and feel my daughter's unborn
brother, my unborn son
And thank God for my own siblings

I hold my daughter's small hands
And feel the universe holding and caring for me

As my daughter sleeps
I kiss her cheek, her eyes, her head

And thank the world for
The life that I have been blessed with

2 comments:

  1. That's really beautiful my love. Straight from the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such deep thoughts and well chosen words. Makes me pause and reflect. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete