07 March 2009

Weekend ramblings

It's Saturday - first day of a long weekend.

I've had lots of sleep - more than I've had the entire week in fact (which isn't saying much)
I'm feeling slightly rested but also - pensive...

Thinking mostly about how much work it actually takes to keep relationships moving, and keeping them sane and staying connected.

Can't help but wonder what life will be like with the next little one who will arrive in two months' time. I know he'll be a catalyst for something - and i'm hoping that that'll be a positive thing :)

Now, I prepare to spend an entire long weekend with the family, a weekend spent with my loved ones, with friends, with good food, with strong tea, with happy faces, with my favourite little person, and with my favourite (slightly bigger than normal right now) person.

As I start winding down - let me go and invest in the one thing where I know the ROI is always great, always positive and always guaranteed.

That's right, I managed to write about spending time with my family using the concept of ROI. haha.

4 comments:

  1. My Sweetie.

    You are such a wonderful person. I love how you are so strong for us at the moment. You are juggling a lot. And yet, you stay so positive and are constantly working on making our lives better.

    Love you, mate.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you could be a little less balanced, less in touch with your emotional and spiritual side, and less eloquent it would be appreciated.

    If I hear "read this, isn't it amazing" or "why can't you be more like Sohail" one more time it might push me over the edge and cause me to start my own blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alan, I think it is definitely time to start your own blog! It can only help your marriage :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry Al, I'll do my best put up some yokel-inspired blogs with headings like :"Pregnant and barefoot - my kinda woman" or "Don't drink and drive, you'll spill! Drink first, THEN drive"...

    hehehehehehe...

    ReplyDelete