26 March 2009

Work and Life

Life is very interesting at the moment. I seem to be lost in a world of pregnancy intensified emotional discussions that seemingly have no rational basis.

The biggest obstacle for me is that I am a fairly logical person. Although I have some level of EQ,my thinking processes are mostly governed by rational and logical thought. These processes are not much help when it comes to discussions that are primarily centered on how you feel, why you feel a certain way and talking about feelings and validating them despite the fact that they come from some place that seem makes no sense.

At work, it's the complete opposite. Most decisions are solely based on supposed rational thought. To me, this is probably just as bad. I'm finding out very quickly that two parts of my life are at complete opposite ends of the spectrum at the moment. Although one might think that that would equate to some level of balance, all it actually does is confuses the hell out me :)

The solution:
1. The best I can come up with is to bring Olga to work and let her sort them out!
2. Bring some files home so my wife can review those and get more in touch with her boring accountant side:) - halfway through the review of one of those files, I'm hoping she'll look up and say :"THIS is what you do for a living? No wonder you don't know ANYTHING!!"

And then ,as if by magic, a certain weird kind of peace will befall upon all aspects of my life :)

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I have gone mad. In my moments of sanity, I can see it :)

    Don't worry, in six weeks or less we will both be sleep deprived and getting divorced once a week, like we did when Annie was born.

    And that, too, shall pass.

    I love you my sweetie, remember that when we are having our tough times.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe i can so relate to the getting divorced once a week thing when things get tough! You put it in such a funny way though that it really let me see the bigger picture.

    I think it's so amazing how u guys express your love so well to each other.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete