Ensuring that this scarce resource is used in the best possible way
Is a challenge that I (and most people, knowingly or unknowingly) face everyday.
Giving too much of myself to people, thoughts, actions
that take away and empty my batteries
rather than help to recharge them again
just doesn't make sense...
Simple economics!
So I've been choosing to rather invest it in positive areas of my life:
My wife
My children
My self
My work
So...
I choose to be positive
I choose to have fun
I choose to love
I choose to laugh
I choose to live
I choose to not allow others to make the choice for me.
I choose consciously,
and I choose lovingly.
Thanks for posting this. A very thought-provoking topic.
ReplyDeleteWith events this week I am learning that you can have your energy depleted even if you don't realise it. When you are caught up in a situation, it is sometimes not until you stop that you realise how much you have been drained.
I believe it is important to understand both what depletes and recharges you. For some it's rest and solitude. For others it's being soaked in the love and laughter of friends. For others it may be exercise or work.
Understanding yourself, recognising how your energy ebbs and flows and being able to control it is a life-long journey.