17 August 2010

My raisons d'être




I have been hacking and coughing and spluttering away for a month now
My body is dealing with the last two years of work
of pushing hard,
all the time,
unrelenting.

But you see, I look at the three angels in the pictures above
and I understand why I've pushed this hard
and why I have given all that I have so my family can move here.


Was it worth it?
Absolutely!

They are, and continue to be the reason I work
the reason I love
the reason I breathe
the reason I live.

So... I'm back to my blog - and I intend to listen to my body
stop a bit more
breathe a bit more
live a lot more
love a lot more 

And as always,
I will share the journey with my faithful blog
who hasn't deserted me
even though I keep leaving him
when life gets a bit much
and I forget to contemplate!

Look at those pictures again...
They not only have my blood running through their veins
But they clearly have my heart in the palm of their little hands
Just as my wife tends for my spirit with her wise young hands

How lucky I am
to call these three
My Family.

1 comment: