06 January 2011
Just... Wait!
I'm sitting in an apron
sipping a cup of tea
and I'm waiting...
As I finish writing the previous line
my daughter (who is sitting next to me) says:
"You look a bit stressed out!"
Apparently, I'm not very good at being patient
So, I've taken up the art of bread baking
One of the main things I'm hoping to learn
(other than making fantastic bread)
is learning to wait
to be still
to relax
[I take a sip of tea...]
So, I wait...
for my bread to prove, to ferment.
All these wonderful flavours will get released
and all I have to do is be patient.
Patient with my dough
with my self
with my family
and with my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Gorgeous post, my love! I can just see Annie saying that! Happy baking, I hope it's a pleasant journey.
ReplyDeletexxx.