13 June 2011

Stop this train

"...So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young..." - John Mayer

This is the song that I have going through my head instead of "Happy Birthday To You..."
I'm about to turn 32
Sometimes I feel young
Other times, I feel old

I look around
and everyone is ageing.
some, like my beautiful wife, seem to age from the inside out,
others age from the outside in.

I am, once again, probably just being impatient.
Forgetting to enjoy the journey
and trying, instead, to worry about what the destination might be like.

So many of us, look for meaning...
Something greater than ourselves that we can
confidently say that we ascribe or belong to.

Once we reach a certain age, simply doing what we do every day
for the sake of doing it
simply doesn't cut it.

I am reaching
this age.

And now, I will go and have some chocolate birthday cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment